What to do if you are hurt at work:

1. Tell your employer

Tell your employer the details of your injury. After receiving notice, your employer must report your injury to WCB-Alberta within 72 hours if:
  • You need medical treatment beyond first aid
  • You cannot do your job beyond the day of the accident

2. Contact your health care provider

Tell your health care provider you were injured at work. Your physician, chiropractor, or physiotherapist must report your injury to WCB - Alberta within 48 hours.

3. Tell WCB
Tell WCB - Alberta and send your Report of Injury for right away. You can get forms from your employer, or from the WCB-Alberta forms page or office, or you can report online.